Subscribe to Brad Reese speaks out
Why is Cisco's top cloud talent bolting?
Is chief technology officer Padmasree Warrior the driving force behind Cisco's top cloud talent leaving?
Tue, 1/17/12 - 2:32pm View comments
1. A little over a year ago I blogged about the slide presentation detailing Cisco's strategy for why it acquired cloud computing network management software vendor - LineSider.
Well, fast-forward a year and we find that LineSider founder and CEO - Harley Stowell has bolted from his position as Cisco's chief technology officer for worldwide managed cloud services:
2. And only a month ago, Cisco senior director - Simon Aspinal blogged:
Cisco CloudVerse Enables Public, Private and Hybrid Clouds
Then we learn this week that Simon Aspinall, who was the marketing lead and co-architect of Cisco's CloudVerse, has also bolted from Cisco in order to join cloud solutions provider - Virtustream:
3. Interestingly, cloud infrastructure management vendor - enStratus announced its hiring last month of Cisco's cloud programs manager James Urquhart, who's a well-known and respected blogger on cloud technology at GigaOM.
4. Brian Gracely - Cisco's cloud evangelist bolted last month too:
5. Finally, two months ago Abhinav Joshi - Cisco's senior cloud solutions architect bolted:
Wall Street appears to be calling for the ouster of Cisco CTO Padmasree Warrior over the issue of ongoing rifts between Cisco management and engineering.
Could Warrior also be the "catalyst" that's driving Cisco's top cloud talent to bolt?
I mean, Cisco employee reviews featured on job portal Glassdoor are helping shed light on some of the issues facing Cisco as it trys to retain its best and brightest employees. And in my opinion, a good example that helps shed light on the issue is this January 14, 2012 Cisco employee review:
"Advice to Senior Management
"If your goal is to get rid of your best, brightest, hardest working staff, and breaking up teams that work great together, then you are doing an A+ job."
Cisco crashes and burns on Fortune 100 best companies to work for list
Has Cisco's top PR executive Terry Anderson bolted?
Is Wall Street calling for the ouster of Cisco CTO Padmasree Warrior?
Rifts between management and engineering appear to be depressing Cisco's stock price
Discord between Cisco engineers and Cisco technical marketing appears rampant
What's your take?
Subscribe to Brad Reese speaks out
blog comments powered by
- US Senate and Congress have stopped Cisco CEO John Chambers from totally wasting Cisco's $44 billion in cash
- Does starring in a scotch whiskey ad make Cisco CEO John Chambers narcissistic?
- Cisco's largest shareholder BlackRock voted against re-electing Stanford University President John L. Hennessy to Cisco's Board
- Cancer chemotherapy and a new direction for BradReese.Com
- Is John Chambers the top performing Dow CEO?
- How John Chambers is portrayed in the Steve Jobs biography
- Cisco CEO John Chambers and the mysterious Harvey L. Armstrong
- Compare the pricing and features of Cisco Catalyst 3750-E switches vs. ZTE ZXR10 5900E switches
- Cisco's a no show in the new Lippis 10/40GbE switch performance/power test report
- To CCIEs it may appear Cisco's General Counsel Mark Chandler speaks with forked tongue
- Is Wall Street calling for the ouster of Cisco CTO Padmasree Warrior?
- Cisco may drop new WAAS appliances after market share thrashing by Riverbed
- Cisco inadvertently reveals never before seen FY11 product revenue results
- Cisco's Q1'FY12 gross margin, switching and NGN routing revenue declined year over year
- ZTE passed Cisco to lead 3Q10-2Q11 Asia Pacific IP/Ethernet SPSR market
- Will Huawei and ZTE terminate Cisco's robust gross margin?
- Rifts between management and engineering appear to be depressing Cisco's stock price
- Cisco ASA 5520 DIMM slot issue appears to be a manufacturing defect
- $265 million bid lost because Cisco equipment considered obsolete
- View archive of Brad Reese speaks out